There’s a place for art in everyone’s life
A Child’s Song, Inc. will provide music education and appreciation for the entire family in order to fully develop the brain on individual, group, and community levels in an atmosphere and environment that nurtures, advances, and preserves the art of creating music.
Bringing families together one song at a time…
Providing an atmosphere of love, safety, and acceptance in which to learn music skills
- Providing an environment that fosters physical, social, and emotional development
- Providing an atmosphere which instills positive self esteem in children
- Providing an opportunity for families to grow together in a safe, nurturing environment
- Being an inspiration to children, parents, each other, and the community
- Being accountable to the community in providing resources and an integral music program
- Conducting classes in a professional, creative, and organized manner
- Pursuing excellence in all endeavors
A Child’s Song was started by Sandy Taylor, acting director in 1999.
After teaching Kindermusik for five years, we incorporated A Child’s Song with a staff of one. Today we have almost 15 staff members.
We’re now offering Kindermusik, AussieROO/KindyROO Gym, Dance, Instrumental Instruction, Reach & Teach Special Needs Classes, Interactive Metronome Therapy, and
World Drumming Community Nights.
We were approved as a 501 (c) 3 organization in 2001, which allows us to look for additional finances through grants and fundraising so that all children and families can benefit from our programs.
We have received grant funding from three of the SCFD counties during the past 9 years. We are a part of the annual Colorado Gives Fundraising Event every December. We have fund-raisers in place to earn money specifically for providing scholarships to families of all backgrounds and with varied needs.
Thanks for spreading the word! We ALL win!
Frequently Asked Questions About A Child’s Song
1. What does your organization do?
We bring the arts to life for everyone in our community. For a list of specific programs and services we provide, visit Lessons at The Studio.
2. How can I get involved?
We’re always on the lookout for individuals who want to share their talents with us. Visit our Donate and Volunteer section to find out ways to donate or volunteer.
3. If I were to donate funds, how is my money used?
We have a responsibility to our community and our donors and work hard to ensure long-term sustainability of the organization. All funds donated to ACS go to furthering current and projected programs to increase our reach in the community.
We make our IRS Form 990 available for review, as required by law.